The lead, zinc and silver mine of Monteponi represents one of the most significant testimonies of the mining epic of Sardinia. The exploitation of the rich mineral deposits began with the Carthaginians and Romans. After alternating events and long periods of inactivity, a strong resumption of metal extraction occurred in the 13th century with the intervention of the Pisans who, recovering the traces of previous Roman works, opened numerous “pits” that reached considerable depths for the extraction of lead sulphides (galena) containing considerable amounts of silver. But it was during the second half of the nineteenth century that the exploitation of mineral resources became more intense, due to the industrialization process underway throughout Europe. Monteponi’s company, founded in 1850 by entrepreneurs from Turin and Genoa, became one of the most important companies in our country, to the point of representing the excellence of Italian industry at the 1889 Universal Exhibition in Paris. Not to be missed, in particular, are the church of Santa Barbara, the Palazzina Bellavista (in the past the headquarters of the Mine Management, with the adjoining house of the Director, today a University), the partly restored industrial archaeology structures of Pozzo Sella and the warehouses that currently house the great Historical Mining Archive of Sardinia. Last but not least, transformation of the surrounding landscape, due to excavations and mining landfills.